Naturally Balancing Your Hormones
You are most likely here because you’re looking for an answer. Your period is painful – cramps, bloating, acne, headaches… the works! Hopefully by now, you have figured out that it might have something to do with hormone imbalance and most likely, you are right!
In this post we are going to dive into what is actually happening in your Endocrine System and what you can do to get your hormones back on track. Here we go, stay with us.
Understanding the Endocrine System
The endocrine system is the system of organs and glands that communicate back and forth with each other using the language of hormones.
Starting at the head, near the center of our brain is the hypothalamus, which is the governor of the endocrine system. It’s a specific brain region that controls the pituitary gland below it nearby. That gland, in turn, is the master gland because it secretes many different hormones, some of which affect other glands. Because of these control centers, the whole endocrine system is interconnected. What happens to one part affects the others, too.
Moving down the body into the neck, we find the thyroid, which regulates our metabolism, and the parathyroid, which controls calcium levels in the blood.
In the abdomen, right on top of our kidneys sit our two adrenal glands. They produce hormones everyone has heard of, like adrenaline, which regulates our body’s fight or flight response to prepare it for emergencies. Nearby, the pancreas regulates our blood sugar levels.
A little further down are our ovaries. They produce estrogen and progesterone to control ovulation and secondary sex characteristics.
You can see why the endocrine system is one of the most important things to understand about our bodies! In many ways, it’s running the whole show!
Four “Frenemies” To Watch Out For.
When our endocrine system is healthy, it functions in a very predictable way.
When the endocrine system isn’t functioning optimally or predictably, it’s because there’s usually some type of an endocrine disruptor that’s affecting the flow of hormones.
Now, I like to think of these disruptors as kind of like “frenemies.” They disguise themselves as friends, but they have bad intentions, and they create lots of drama.
The first one is sugar. These friends look sweet, but they are not!
Imbalance with our blood sugar level definitely messes with our endocrine system. Beyond the symptoms that so many of us are dealing with, you can think about even more serious conditions like diabetes that result when the pancreas can’t keep up or fails completely.
Overexertion of our adrenal glands is another culprit. Our adrenal glands are where our stress hormones are produced. Triggers like drinking coffee, over-exercising, lack of sleep, and too much stress itself can all interfere with the adrenal glands. This can mess up the flow of our whole endocrine system.
Third is the pathways of elimination in our bodies. Sometimes, with poor diet, high stress, and other factors, these pathways can become congested. That leaves our body unable to actually detoxify itself, and this can throw our hormones all out of whack as well.
Lastly, we have lifestyle. Overall lifestyle habits can have a huge effect on your hormone balance levels and how well your endocrine system is functioning.
The Power of Natural Ingredients
Now here’s the fun part, I want to show you that there are natural ingredients, given to us by mother nature herself, that can balance our hormones through nutritional therapy.
Each of these ingredients are found in the product we made for you, Hertime. The ingredients work together to fight endocrine disruptors and nourish the body so that our hormones will naturally rebalance.
White Peony Root
- Calms the nervous system and enhances progesterone production. This makes it a powerful anti-depressant and anti-anxiety agent, as well as a diuretic. It thus offers relief from fluid retention and cramps. It results in fewer mood swings, and less irritability and discomfort
- Works with Chinese licorice and Siberian ginseng to nurture the adrenal glands.
- Along with giant kelp leaf, it supports the organs of elimination.
- Helps rebuild the part of the adrenal glands where sex hormones are produced. It curbs sugar cravings, reduces inflammation, and boosts energy. The licorice works synergistically with white peony root to support healthy ovulation and ease menstrual cycle discomfort. It also strengthens and heals depleted adrenal function due to excessive stress hormone output. This allows the body to naturally produce the right amount of progesterone.
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels, alongside Siberian ginseng.
- A fantastic herb for supporting the body’s “stress system.” This can have an enormously beneficial impact on sex hormone balance.
- Helps white peony root and Chinese licorice to nurture the adrenal glands and stabilize blood sugar.
- Also known as “female ginseng,” Dong Quai (当归) is an herb that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. It can be particularly useful for relieving menstrual pain and cramps, resolving gut problems that come on with menstruation, and easing numerous menopausal symptoms.
- It also helps relieve general stress, along with giant kelp leaf.
Giant Kelp Leaf
- Provides the necessary trace mineral iodine. This provides for good ovarian health, helps maintain healthy follicular function, allows optimal progesterone production, and is essential for optimal thyroid function. Iodine is necessary for the metabolism of all cells, which means that this ingredient improves energy and supports effective body fat utilization.
- Complements Dong Quai in relieving stress and anxiety, and white peony root in supporting the body’s organs of elimination.
It’s All About Bringing Back Balance
Hopefully, it’s now making more sense why we are talking about the endocrine system.
Yes, we are all different, with our different hormonal balances, and different symptoms we are experiencing. But we all have an endocrine system, and the same nutrients are needed to keep our endocrine system healthy.
By taking care of our endocrine system through healthy habits and nutritional therapy, we balance our hormones. That my friend, is how you take care of your PMS symptoms at the root, leaving your body more healthy than ever.
Hertime is our hormone balancing product we are obsessed with. It provides all of the nutrients mentioned above, giving your body everything it needs to be healthy and balanced
Let’s address problems at the root, so your body can function the way it was designed to!
Not sure which drink is right for you?
Get matched with products designed for your unique wellness goals.Take the quiz