The Importance of a Healthy Sex Life
Sex is more than just a pleasurable pastime. It’s also an essential part of healthy, sexually intimate relationships. Sexless marriages lead to a lot of emotional issues and decreased satisfaction in life. They can also lead to distrust and can contribute to infidelity and divorce. That’s a whole lotta negative that you don’t need in your life!
So we’ve established that regular sexual activity is good for relationships and mental health. But what if you rarely want to be intimate because your female libido is MIA? Don’t worry, girl! This is a common complaint women have at different points in their lives. Just because your sexual desire is currently microscopic doesn’t mean it always has to be that way.
There are things you can do to increase your arousal and make sex as much fun for you as it is for your significant other. Yes, really! Female libido supplements such as Herlove contain ingredients shown to improve sexual vitality, desire, and vigor. Unlike instant arousal libido pills that often come with unwanted symptoms, natural female libido boosters help you feel like a gorgeous sex machine without the drawbacks. Here are a few things you should know about female libido and how to give yours a boost.
What Is Libido?
Libido refers to a person’s sexual desire or overall craving for sexual activity. Remember when you were a teenager and all you could think about was sex? That’s because your sex hormone levels were in overdrive back then and made it very easy for you to experience sexual arousal with minimal effort.
Things have probably changed a lot since then, haven’t they? Most women discover that lack of sexual desire and low libido are common problems they face as they age. This is natural, but it doesn’t mean you have to sit back and accept it. If you want to gain greater control over your sexual health and enjoyment, it may be time to consider taking sex supplements.
How Does a Healthy Sex Life Benefit Women?
Remember back in the day when people thought the primary purpose of sexual intercourse was to help men feel fulfilled and satisfied in marriage? Nowadays, we realize how important it is for women to feel fulfilled and experience sexual satisfaction in our relationships as well (thank goodness!)
In addition to helping us feel loved and valued, a healthy sex life can also boost our quality of life and our feelings of self-worth. Additional benefits of sexual health for women include:
- Lower blood pressure
- Decreased stress
- Improved cardiovascular health
- More effective immune system function
- Better sleep
- Improved intimacy (including emotional intimacy)
- Improved physique (having sex burns a lot of calories if you’re getting into it!)
- Greater happiness
Sex is pretty amazing when it comes right down to it. A great sex life can extend into other areas of life and help you be a more positive, confident, and happy person overall. We can all cheer for that!
Why Is My Sex Drive So Low?
Though we know sex is good and important for healthy relationships, some of us struggle to experience arousal when our partners are feeling frisky. This can be embarrassing for both us and our rejected partners, and it’s ultimately not what we want for our relationship.
If you’re like most women, you want to be sexy, confident, and boundlessly energetic in the bedroom. But instead of tackling your spouse in bed, you may feel more like tackling a pint of ice cream while you lounge in your sweats and binge-watch sappy television shows. So what gives? Why is your sex drive so low, anyway?
For most women, female arousal tends to go up and down throughout life in response to hormonal imbalances, excessive stress, and other common problems. For others, low sexual desire may be due to an underlying health condition, such as vaginal dryness, hypoactive sexual desire disorder, female sexual dysfunction, or diminishing sexual sensation.
How Can Libido Supplements Help?
Sexual enhancement supplements, such as Herlove, Hersolution gel, and Vigorelle, work by boosting sexual sensations to enhance sexual pleasure. While Hersolution gel and Vigorelle are topical products designed to be applied directly onto the genital area, Herlove is taken internally.
Hersolution gel and Vigorelle help to alleviate vaginal dryness and improve arousal and sensation in the most sensitive parts of the female body. They work well for many women, but some prefer to take internal libido supplements for best results in the bedroom. Herlove contains herbs that assist with healthy hormone balance and boost libido naturally. This product can improve overall performance and increase blood circulation to the most sensitive areas of your body (if you know what we mean).
Though Herlove isn’t designed to provide instant arousal, when taken consistently, it can help improve your overall sexual desire. Get ready to say goodbye to low libido problems!
Are There Side Effects to Libido Supplements?
OK, we gave you the good news. Now it’s time to deliver some not-so-good news. Some female enhancement pills (especially the prescription kind) come with a variety of side effects that can be a real downer on your sex life. Potential side effects of female libido enhancer pills include:
- Dry mouth (totally not sexy)
- Nasal stuffiness
So although these libido boosters may work, they may also cause you to feel so uncomfortable that you don’t want to engage in sex anyway. Bummer.
But don’t get discouraged just yet! Natural libido supplements containing herbs in ideal amounts for stimulating female arousal are much safer to take. When consumed consistently and according to the recommended daily dose, they can work wonders for your sexual functioning.
What Vitamins Increase Female Libido?
Vitamins seem so basic and familiar that many women don’t realize how important they are for enhancing female libido. Since most of the vitamins we consume come from our food (hopefully!) we need to make sure we’re eating the right things.
If you struggle with low libido, vaginal dryness, or any other sex issues, try eating more foods that are high in the following libido boosting vitamins:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
- B vitamins
Vitamin A is essential for the body’s production of testosterone. If you’re scratching your head wondering why we’re suddenly talking about male hormones, keep in mind that testosterone is also a very important sex hormone for female libido. If you want to make the most of your time in bed, it’s important to balance your testosterone levels. You can get vitamin A from meat, eggs, and yellow or orange fruits and vegetables.
Vitamin E is often praised for its skincare benefits, but it’s also great for your sexual function. Vitamin E can help you keep your energy up longer, and it improves blood circulation (remember, better circulation equals better sensation!) Vitamin E is found in dairy products, oily fish, and eggs. It’s also found in the supplement Hermulti.
Vitamin C is great for boosting immunity. It turns out it can boost arousal as well! It’s not too difficult to increase your intake of vitamin C because it’s found in a lot of delicious fruits and vegetables.
Finally, B vitamins are important for sexual health and female arousal because they can contribute to sexual pleasure. On the flip side of that coin, a deficiency in certain B vitamins (particularly Vitamin B12) can make it harder for you to reach a climax during sex.
Additional nutrients that are important for female libido include iron, calcium, phosphorus, and zinc. Try to get these nutrients from your foods or consider supplementing with them if you already know you have some form of sexual dysfunction. None of these nutrients will provide you with instant arousal, but they’ll help give you the energy and stamina over time to engage in more frequent sexual activity.
How To Maintain Sex Drive Through Menopause?
One of the most annoying menopausal symptoms (and there are many to choose from!) is the drastic drop in libido most women experience. When your body is going through so many crazy changes, it can be hard to focus on maintaining healthy levels of intimacy with your partner. But it is possible to nurture your sexual desire even through this challenging time. Here are a few suggestions.
Make Intimacy a Priority
Intimacy is so much more than just sexual intercourse. To make sure the experience is fulfilling and pleasurable for both you and your partner, make emotional intimacy a priority. If you feel emotionally connected and close to your partner, you’ll be more likely to feel a physical pull and desire to express your love sexually as well.
Use Products That Make the Experience More Comfortable
Lubes and creams may help alleviate intercourse discomfort in menopausal women. Menopause is associated with vaginal dryness, so it’s important to ease that problem if you want your intimate encounters to be as comfortable and pleasurable as possible.
Keep Your Hormones as Steady as Possible
Menopause and steady hormones aren’t really compatible with each other. However, there are natural products that can help ease the symptoms of menopause so you get through them without a complete lack of libido. Herlove is one such product that can be safely taken by women of all ages. It contains just a few active ingredients:
- Inositol hexacontinate
- Maca root powder
- RedNite® beetroot concentrate
- Fenugreek seed powder
- Pomegranate extract
These ingredients work together to gently help your body feel more intense sensations where you need them most. They also stimulate your body to produce more of the hormones that lead to greater pleasure in the bedroom.
Get Help From Your Doctor as Needed
Some women find sex to be completely unenjoyable during menopause. If you find yourself in this boat and aren’t sure what to do, consider talking to a general practitioner or therapist. The problem may not be physical as much as it is emotional. A sex therapist or marriage counselor may be able to get to the bottom of your lack of libido and help you improve those special intimate moments with your partner.
At What Point Should I See My Doctor?
Sometimes, a low sex drive can be a symptom of a condition that should be treated. For example, instead of experiencing the natural effects of aging, you may actually have hypoactive sexual desire disorder, which can potentially impact your quality of life and the quality of your sexual relationships. If you have few sexual thoughts or fantasies, difficulty finding pleasure in sexual intercourse, or are completely disinterested in initiating sex, it may be time to talk to your doctor.
Additionally, it’s important to realize that in some cases, lack of libido may be an indication of physical issues that cause pain during sex, such as:
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Insufficient vaginal lubrication
- Injury to the vagina or vulva (often from childbirth)
- Vaginal infections (including yeast infections)
- Vaginismus (involuntary spasms of the vaginal muscles)
- Uterine fibroids or other problems with the uterus
- Ovarian cysts
- Vulvodynia (chronic pain impacting the exterior sexual organs)
- Ectopic pregnancy
If you ever find that sex is painful (either during or afterward), it’s important to talk to a doctor about your symptoms. Your doctor will be able to rule out any of the above conditions or provide you with treatment options if you’re diagnosed with one of them.
What Are Some Natural Ways To Increase Libido?
Besides eating healthy foods, there are other natural ways you can increase your arousal and help you combat the symptoms of sexual dysfunction. Here are some top suggestions you may want to try if you’re looking for ways to add that extra fire to your love life.
- Make time for intimacy. It sounds simple, but many people simply don’t make time for sexual activities because their schedules are too full of other things. Make intimacy a priority for the sake of your own enjoyment and fulfillment as well as your partner’s.
- Let go of stress. Try lightening your load by turning down extra community projects or opportunities that you can’t handle. You may want to be Superwoman, but sometimes you need to be realistic and let go of stressors you don’t need in your life.
- Get rid of bad habits. If you currently try to handle stress by abusing substances, you’re bound to feel a low sex drive. You’re also more likely to feel bad about yourself in general. If you want to shine in the bedroom, get rid of bad habits that hold you back and keep you down.
- Get in shape. Many of us are a little out of shape, but that means we don’t have the stamina we need to really enjoy our “under cover” adventures. Regular aerobic exercise can not only increase stamina, but improve confidence as well. And once we have a little confidence, we’re unstoppable.
- Communicate your needs and concerns with your partner. Are you struggling with sex because you don’t feel like your needs are being met or you’re dealing with past trauma? Communicate with your partner. It’s best to do this outside of the bedroom, when your partner isn’t feeling vulnerable and sensitive. Communicating may be a little scary at first, but it’s so important to developing a stronger emotional connection (which can lead to mind-blowing sex).
- Spice things up a bit. Who says sex has to be a “wham, bam, thank you ma’am” situation? Try spicing things up by experimenting with new positions or different types of foreplay. Have fun with it and you’ll find that your sexual partner will most likely enjoy the newness of the experience just as much as you.
- Balance your hormones. Estrogen and sex drive are closely connected. If this hormone or any of the other female hormones are out of balance, they can cause sexual desire to plummet. You don’t have to take hormone replacement therapies to balance your hormones. The herbs in Herlove help to balance hormones naturally without unwanted side effects.
- Try taking libido-boosting herbs. Some great options for increasing your desire to get busy with your partner include horny goat weed (yes, that’s what it’s really called!), Tribulus terrestris, Ginkgo biloba, Maca, and ginseng. Ginseng is particularly helpful because it can help both you and your partner. It revitalizes and enhances sexual performance, but it can also help your partner with erectile dysfunction and provide male enhancement benefits. Ginseng for the win!
Sex should be one of the most pleasurable things we experience in our lives. If we’re just not feeling it and want a little help becoming our best sexual selves, Herlove can help. It gently prods our bodies to ramp up our sex hormones so we can have the most blissful and explosive sexual experiences possible. It also tastes great, which is a huge plus.
To discover how Herlove and other Mixhers products can help you achieve optimal hormone balance and improve your quality of life, head over to Mixhers resources. You’ll find information on a variety of female-specific topics that can help you take greater control of your sex life, starting today.
Check Out Our Other Products:
Not sure which product is right for you?
Get matched with products designed for your unique wellness goals.Take the quiz